|Suresh Kumar Seervi - Sanpura|
|[ NRI Seervi ]|
|Ph.D. Research Scholar (Doctorate),
School of Medicine,
University of Saarland,
|Login To View Phone|
|Detail : Current Position:
• Ph.D. (Doctorate) Research Scholar with prestigious German research fellowship "DFG" awarded by German Research Foundation at School of Medicine, University of Saarland, Germany and working on Stem Cell Biology & Regenerative Medicine.
• 2002 - 2004: Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Biotechnology (1st class), Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
• 1998 - 2001: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Biology (1st class), S.D. Govt. college Beawar, Ajmer, Rajasthan.
• January 2007 - April 2009: Ph.D. Research Scholar at Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T.) Madras, India. I worked on the project, "Studies on assessing the differentiation potential of adult stem cells into cardiomyocytes" funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
• May 2006 - January 2007: Research Assistant at National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS-DBT) Pune, India. I worked on the project, "Exploring the potential of side population stem cells derived from human bone marrow & umbilical cord blood" and "Characterization & differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells (D3) into cardiomyocytes" funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
• January 2004 - March 2005: M.Sc. Thesis at Department of Endocrinology, Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, India. I worked on the project, "Effect of ethanolic neem leaf extract on prostatic carcinoma cell line (PC-3)”.
Fellowships and Awards:
• Awarded prestigious German research fellowship award "DFG" by German Research Foundation for Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree for 3 years at School of Medicine, University of Saarland, Germany (May 2009).
• Awarded CSIR-SRF (Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – Senior Research Fellowship) for Ph.D. (Doctorate) degree for 3 years at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras by CSIR, Government of India (April 2009).
• I have published three scientific research articles in Peer-reviewed international journals.
• Participated in “1st International Stem Cell Summit India-2008” held on 14th – 16th November, 2008 at Department of Biotechnology, I.I.T. Madras, Chennai, India.
• Participated in an International Conference on “Stem Cell, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine” held on 30th November - 2nd December, 2007 at Frontier Lifeline, Chennai, India.
• Participated in Indo-UK seminar on "Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine" held on 29th November, 2007 at Institute of Regenerative Medicine, Lifeline Hospital, Chennai, India.
• Participated in "XXII Annual Symposium on Reproductive Biology & Comparative Endocrinology (SRBCE 2004)" held on 25th - 27th January, 2004 at University of Madras, Chennai, India.|
Message to Suresh Kumar Seervi